Positive Steps is a charitable trust that delivers a range of targeted and integrated services for young people, adults and families that recognises the diversity of the people with whom they work.
A unique organisation delivering a combination of statutory, voluntary and traded services – funded through local authority and charitable trust grants, charitable donations, contracts based on payment by results, and income generated through our sister company Positive Steps Trading – where all profits fund our charitable activity.
- Family Support – Help for families in Oldham who have difficulties such as housing, money, parenting, confidence, looking for work or health related issues.
- Careers Guidance – We provide the careers information, advice and guidance service in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside.
- Missing From Home Support – We ensure that young people who go missing in Oldham are independently interviewed within 72 hours of us finding out about it.
- Oldham Young Carers – One to one and respite activities for young people who are carers to a parent sibling or other family member.
- Integrated Health – Substance Misuse, Sexual Health and Healthy Schools services in Oldham.
- Volunteering – We arrange volunteering for over 200 people every year, allowing people to give back to the community, gain Level 1 and 2 AQA qualifications and get valuable work experience.
- Traded Services – We offer a range of services including room hire, ICT support, DBS checking and the provision of enhanced Healthy Schools support.
- Youth Justice Service – Oldham YJS is the only statutory YOT in England & Wales which is sub-contracted by the Local Authority and directly delivered by an independent charitable trust.
- Metacards – Underpinned by Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) principles our Metacards series create an environment that encourages young people to explore new possibilities. They can help to lift the barriers as the young person becomes the owner of the keys for change.
- IT support – Professional support and data back-up services.
- Tracking – Destination tracking for 16-17 year old school leavers.
- Work Programme – Support, work experience and training for up to two years to help people find and stay in work.
- Work Experience – We work with schools and colleges to provide work experience placements for young people in Oldham, Rochdale, Tameside, Stockport and Manchester.